So the first task was to make sure we had a copy of this sitemap for future reference so that we could add 301 redirects to specific pages that needed them, but also add in 410 redirects to tell Google that the page has been deleted forever.
They then remove this from their search engine index. It’s the cleaner and professional way to do this task.
Next, we changed the theme of the website for a much smoother and faster, SEO friendly theme within WordPress. We began to import the pages that we had already previously built in a demo builder using Flywheel. The main focus was on making the Home page a one-page setup. We did this by using Menu Anchors and ‘Call To Action’ Buttons that triggered specific actions on the page.
Then, we made sure we had all of the correct existing service pages set up on the correct URL links that the company wanted us to keep, and more importantly, making sure we didn’t lose their existing Page 1 Google positions!
The images below show their old website layout and some of the Page 1 Google positions.